Club updates & activities
We never seem to have a quiet time at the GIAAC nowadays – which is great news and indicative of what a thriving, busy club we are.
It’s difficult to keep track of everything we are doing but let’s have a go:
- Trips away – By the end of March we will have had teams competing off-island on ten out of thirteen weekends. This is a great achievement. Well done to Zoe, our administrative officer who does so well to keep on top of the travel arrangements – and does it all with such patience.
- Holiday activity scheme – We are having a great time at our colts activity scheme. Forty colts have attended and really thrown themselves into athletics, yoga, learning about healthy lifestyles and even a bit of boxing! The best bit has been the contribution of all our junior helpers.
- On Wednesday we held the GIAAC AGM. We are glad to say that there was unanimous approval that we appoint our seven directors for a three year period – They are: James Sermon, Sarah Mercier, Liz Powell, Alun Williams, Paul Ingrouille, Sue Trebert, Nick Marley. The directors have a club-wide mandate but, equally, we have selected a team that we feel fully represents every section of the club.
- Launch of the 10 year development plan – We discussed the plan at the AGM yesterday. We plan to launch this on Monday 24th February at the primary school cross country championships. It’s a real club effort – so thanks to all of you who have assisted
- We have made a separate announcement about the appointment of Steve Allaway as our team manager for the island games. The games is a great opportunity for development and expect to see Steve involved in bringing along our athletes over the next 18 months
- Awards evening – We’ll send out more details soon but book your date for the Awards Evening on Friday 21st March at the Wicked Wolf