Important Changes to the Race Entry Process (Endurance Races Only)
We are always looking to improve and modernise the way we operate as a club and, with this in mind, we are introducing some exciting changes to the race entry process. Most notably, online entry and payment.
Until now, athletes have been able to register for races online using Google Forms. However, payment has had to be taken in cash. This will now change and it will be possible (and encouraged) for payment to be made online via PayPal at the point of entry. As from Sunday 19th July.
This should mean much less waiting around in queues and will make life a little bit easier for athletes and volunteers come race day. By reducing on-the-day administrational burden it will allow athletes more time to focus on their own race preparations.
A summary of the changes are noted below:
· All entries can be made via the club website using the relevant event page on http://guernseyathletics.org.gg/
· Free entry for members will continue ONLY via online registration BEFORE the specified cut off date
· Member entries after this date (at number collection or on the day) will incur a £5 charge
· Non-members will continue to pay £5 for race entry via online registration BEFORE the specified cut off date
· Non-member entries after this date (at number collection or on the day) will incur a £10 charge
· Replacement (i.e. Lost) numbers will continue to be charged at £5 per number
· On the day cash entry will be available up to 90 minutes before the race and will close STRICTLY 60 minutes before the race
The first race and series operating under this new protocol will be the Fort Group East Coast 10k on August 2nd (Entries close 5pm July 29th) http://guernseyathletics.org.gg/event-calendar/eastcoast10k/